Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a new user/number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGreen

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2006
US
Hello all, I am completely new to the Nortel Phone System and would like to know how to create a new nubmer/user, how to change names, and features that can be added.I know that this is probably too much to ask for, but if you can give me a link to a site or reference site, I would gladly appreciate it. I know the basics which is logging on the 11c System Window. I went through a quick tutorial with the person who used to create the users/phone numbers but not too much indept. I know that when you create a user you can copy the profile/configuration of a user within the same department. using the copy 1 command then copying the informaton form their TN to the one you have chosen for the new user. Where can I find informaton on the command used in Load 11 and Load 95. Thank you

Software input output guide. or software feature guides for specific features

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Software input output guide would work. I have some books but, I don't understand them...they make no sense....I found something about load 11 but all it is commands, I don't understand most of the meanings except for some that I uncoded such as CHG, LD 11, TN, DN, PRT, ****. Thanks for the reply.

Try here, it may explain some of it. You really need some training.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I would really suggest on a basic Nortel course. We insist our staff go on the CS1000e Administration & Management course (5 days) as the absolute minimum before letting them loose on the system! The only people who get away with that are our Service Desk users who use TM3.1. The GUI interface is simple and they can't do too much damage in there!

Messing around with overlays without knowledge is a potential hazard on a live phone system... The investment in training is well worth it.

Thanks for the advice....I will definitely need to take a course on this. Ansellrk you mentioned something about a TM3.1 GUI interface, Is that an application that can be added to an existing system? Thanks, again for the advice tnphoneman,acewarlock, and anserllrk.

Check out global knowledge. I know they have a CBT familiarization course. This does not go into the programming but it will help you understand the basics of the hardware. You will need this to understand some of the programming.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back