Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a new theme 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepthought42

Programmer
Mar 24, 2002
GB
HI all
can anyone tell me how I can make my own theme by using the backgroud from the Canvas theme and all other theme components from say the Artsty theme.

What I am really asking is, is it possible to change the background of one installed theme to another background of an installed theme???

If so can you explain how!!!!

Thanks for any help.

Regards Dene

Just go into the "theme" properities, click modify, then click graphics, then select background from the drop down menu, then click the Browse button and select the picture of your choice. I believe it must be either a gif or jpg.

Adam

Thanks for your reply Adam but your answer does not solve my original question, namely, is it possible to change the background of one installed theme to another background of an installed theme???

Example: I want to use the Artsy theme but I want to have the background from say the Canvas theme, how do I do this????????

Regards Dene

The various components of a theme are stored in a single file (.elm from memory) and aren't accessible.

You can work around this by loading the Canvas theme, going into the theme editor to identify the name of the background file and copy paste it somewhere (you might want to rename it 'background').

Then change your web's theme to Artsy, copy background into the themes directory, and then use the theme editor to change the background to background.jpg (or whatever). Jonathan Challis
IT Manager

At last! someone who understands my problem, thanks Jonathan, I have just got in from work so have'nt had time to try your solution, but by the impressive list of forums you participate in I'm sure this is the one.

Once again thanks for responding :)

Regards Dene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back