Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a network user to look after worker process and APP Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

db33

MIS
May 27, 2007
FI
Hi all,

Got a client thats policy requires non-default everything in IIS6.0, website, apppool, no system accounts etc

Now I've setup a new Default website, app pool and a network user and having some trouble running some financial software. If I change the App pool user back to a local or network system account it works fine.

I have added all rights on folders etc and can browse the local and remote shares using the account, I have check local policies and mirrored the systems accounts permissions in there IE:
I've checked numerous microsoft articles about this and run a command line utility to try and select the new user instead of the system one (I can't find the print out of the article otherwise I would list the EXE).

Any help on replicating the system accounts for would be excellent. Thanks in advance.

Dale.

Hey thanks for the reply...This is the EXE I was trying to think about I have tried this one and got the user account in question allocated correctly in the SPN but still having issues.

Any other ideas? =)

Cheers.

Try the AuthDiag tool to find out which accounts have permissions on the site. You'll find it at
I don't know which "financial software" you are having trouble with, so I can't provide anything specific...only the tools to diagnose the issue yourself. I rely heavily on the sysinternals suite, namely filemon, regmon and process explorer. These should be in your toolbox for diagnosing IIS issues. You'll find them here:

Thanks for the Authdiag I'll give it a go and see what I can find out.

The financial software is BasWare Invoice Processing.

I've tried Filemon and it hasn't shown anything that will help me narrow down the error but fingers crossed with the Authdiag stuff.

Cheers,

If you can post the exact error you are seeing you might get further help.

Hi all,

Well using the Auth tool it seems we have tracked the problem down to the SPN.

I sent the helpdesk guy in Sweden that link to the SPN commands prior to making this thread:

But it seems he just ignored it when the setspn.exe didn't run, he's on Windows 2000 and didn't have the reousrce kit install, anyway I have sent him info on how to do that and I think everything should be fine.

Thanks for all you time and effort. =)

Dale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back