Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Music wav for 3300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wythefan

Technical User
May 20, 2009
US
I have a MP3 that I have converted to a WAV....now I need to change to 8hz,8 bit Mono...Alaw/Ulaw. I have tried windows sound recorder but the 3300 rejects. Any advice. Tried about everything I know to do.

I recently started using a Sound Editor I got off TuCows.

Wavepad Sound Editor:
Very user friendly.

Does almost everything.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Handy software however once converted to Mitel format audo quality deteriate significantly.

Knowledge is power, thats why we share!

I use the "recorder" program built into windows. Open the wave file with recorder and then you can save it again in the 8bit mono format.

I'll also check out kwbMitel's suggestion. Looks interesting.

Ralph

always used built in windows. Some suggested Audacity.

The Windows sound recorder is a great tool for recording gretings in the correct format.

Converting format, Editing, Merging, Splicing is a completely different matter.

As this is a case of converting format, the main issue is loss of quality. One option might be to play the sound with one player and record via another.

I haven't tried this with wavepad, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is capable.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

General thats how I do it. Set up an instance of sound recorder to record and one to play. Sound quality is very good however there is limitations to the length of the audio file.

Knowledge is power, thats why we share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back