Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a many to many relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

cissilya

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2005
US
I need someones help i need to creat a database that has a many to many relationship, and for some reason it wont work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Can you elaborate on this? What did you try? What isn't working about it?

well this is the first really big project that i have created, the back end is laying on a oracle database and the front is in access. There is a main form where you input the project information. then there is a subform where you put in the contact information. The contacts can be connected to more than one project and there can be more than one contact per project.

first you should get the data structure built properly before building/designing forms. Did you read the document? It's the main basic reference for table structuring.

Can you tell us about the tables you've already created, what relationships you are trying to design and how they are not working?

Yes i read that doc, and it did help basically i have a project table, and a contact table after i created the xref table which is the many to many table link it does not insert the records.

do you have some kind of event triggered to do the insert?

no i think that is what i am missing, i do have some triggers in oracle but have never put them on access. if you could stear me in the right direction that would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back