Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Logo for Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGreen

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2006
US
Hello, I am completely new to Corel Draw and I hope my question don't sound too dumb. Okay, I am wanting to create a Logo for a website that I am working for. I want to be able to use the company inital as the logo, but modify them with maybe color and a back ground. I, get to type and use the font that I want but I can't seem to figure out what to do next. I get confused with all the tools on the tool bar. Any advice will help. Oh, yeah and I am using Corel Draw 12.

Can you be a little more specific about what style you want and the letters you want to use. Maybe provide the company name and what the company does.

Mike

I want to create a Logo with letters. The name of the company is APK Inspections. So I was thinking of maybe using the Letters in the logo using special font letters. I also wanted to add a color background to the letters. I don't have an example.

Since your final output is for the web, PhotoPaint would be a better option then draw. This will give you more control over the background color/texture options. However, in Draw, once you type the letters (and it remains the selected item), all you need to do is click a color swatch on the left hand side, and it will change the fill color of the letters. If you right-click a different color it will change the outline color of the letters. In order to get a background color, you will need to create a box (or any shape) and color it the background color in the smae manner above. Then you need to move the background box over top of the text, right click the box, and select "Order" from the right-click menu. Select "Send to back of layer" and it will appear behind your logo. Click and drag (with the select tool - the arrow) around both the box and the letters. Go up top to the "Arrange" menu, and select the Verticle and Horizontal center options (or with both items selected type "C" then "E").

Now your logo is done, select "Export" button, and export the image as a *.jpg - be sure to check the "Selected only" check box (make sure everything you want in your final image is selected) and save the logo. It will prompt you for color and resolution. Select 72dpi for resolution, and 8-bit palleted for color.

Hopefully this will get you under way. This will be a very quick and dirty logo, and as mentioned, Photo Paint would be the ideal tool to use. The procedure would be very similar, but in order to change colors, you need to select the text, and then highilight (click and drag) the letters you want to change the color of. Also, when changing the colors of objects (background boxes) you must use the "Fill" tool (looks like a paint bucket). Otherwise, the procedure is very similar. The main difference is under the File Menu, there is a "Optimize for Web Export" option. That works much better then Draws export feature.

Thanks alot for the information. This has helped me out alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back