Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a list for certain data types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
May 5, 2000
US
I have a problem creating a predetermined list that the data type has to use when selected.&nbsp;&nbsp;How do I create a list or is it possible?<br>i.e.)&nbsp;&nbsp;FIELD(any)&nbsp;&nbsp;DATA TYPE(text)....Now under the text type, how can I create a list of 23 states that the user has the ability to scroll down a list and select one?

I don't understand this question, specifically, the part about: &quot;that the data type has to use &quot;<br><br>You can work out just about anything like this, though, using a table with two fields. Field 1 is the data you need to use, field 2 is the state. This table becomes the row source for a list or combobox, with two columns and the bound column being column 1. Column widths are &quot;0;1.5&quot;<br><br>The list shows states, the user picks one, and the value of the listbox or combobox is what you use for whatever you're doing. If you want to identify a field, for example, you could use DAO and identify the field using a name or number, i.e.,<br><br>dim rs as recordset<br>with rs<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.fields(combobox.value)= &quot;Georgia&quot;<br>end with<br><br>Don't know if this helps, but there you are.<br><br>Charles<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back