Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Incoming Black List for Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnromani

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2009
BR
Hey guys,

I need to create a rule that checks the "blacklist", and match the number and other criteria. So if the caller number matches the number on the list, the call needs to be dropped. If the caller number does not matches, the call goes to attendant or group.

Anyone has been worked out on this?

I thought it is possible using Database options on Voicemail Pro, but I don't know how to get the CLI, what boxes could I use...

Regards,

Cesar Romani
Avaya ACSS | APSS (SME/Data)| ACIS (Data)
Comptia Convergence +

Check the $CLI variable, but you can do this in ICR if the list isn't huge :)

I'll check this info.. I know there are some variables...I have to test most of them..

The list is around 2000 numbers...So from ICR it's not possible..

Thanks amriddle01!

Cesar Romani
Avaya ACSS | APSS (SME/Data)| ACIS (Data)
Comptia Convergence +

Good grief, 2000 numbers?
Stick them into an access DB. Use vmpro to check the $CLI of the call and see if it matches a DB variable, and then transfer or drop it.
Or...have fun programming those into the incoming call routes :)
Though, technically, you could probably do it by editing the configuration.csv in excel (careful!).

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Don't wast your time.
the type of caller that you want to blacklist are the same ones that would be withholding their number, calling from a foreign location that does not present CLI (unavailable) or changing/spoofing their CLI anyway.

you will be fighting a never ending battle & the only people you will truly inconvenience are the ones you wish to get though

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You could create a database lookup, and put all the blacklist number in there.
And then let the customer update their own database of new numbers that need to be added in teh black list.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back