Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Help Site in Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargal1998

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
US
Hello! I fell in love with the way I've seen some Flash-powered help systems work, so I'm desiging one of my own. My question is to those of you familiar with it...

Do you have any helpful hints or tips or tricks that I should know about?
This is my first major flash project, so I'm interested in ANYTHING you may have to say. Thanks!

Can you post a link, I'm not sure what "Flash-powered help systems" are or what they do.

Curious.

has a couple of screenshots at the bottom of the page.
I started messing around with one in a trial of Macromedia's RoboDemo (Which used to be another company's Robo Help, I think)...
It helps if you have a tree like structure for help topics and such. I think it looks amazing and just wanted some words of wisdom.
Hope the links help.

Use Macromedia Captivate (the new name for RoboDemo). It can export .swf files and I think it can even export .fla files that you can then edit in Flash (if you want to add more functionality to it).

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

I've played around with the trials, but I'm not going to purchase another Macromedia product... That's why I wanted to do it by myself as a learning experience. That being said, I wanted to know what things to look out for and the like. Thanks, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back