Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guch

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
GB
Hello,
Please can someone advise on how I would set up a group, where a number of extensions all ring when a group number is called. I am new to the telephony side of things and typically, this has been thrown in my lap.
I have checked the manual we have however, it doesn't cover group set up. The system is Meridian 11c.
Many thanks in advance.
Guch

groups are not a normal term for nortel, acd groups, where one number rings the longest idle station in a dept is in ld 23, but if you are not confortable with this software thats a very heavy place to start. if you need one number for a dept to ring until someone answers it then look at using mcr keys on several sets. if you can make your needs a bit more clear, i'll try to help

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for your reply John,
I am quite new to this but I will try to explain the requirements.
If a phone call comes into a department which has for example 5 users, I need all of their phones to ring. Can you clarfiy the mcr keys also? We are using an OTM administration system.
Regards

Guch

sounds like a mcr app. one key on each phone needs to be mcr xxxx (x=dept primary dn) when one call comes in they all ring, "a" answers call his light goes dark, all others wait for next call. the downside is that if i answer a call and want you to take it, i must transfer. with all station having a scr key(s) when you put it on hold i can pick it up. However the number of people that can take calls are a total of the number of keys i use for this target per phone and the lhk x.. last hunt key hunts from 0 to the answer to that prompt ie lhk=2, i can take 3 calls before my dept is busy to a caller. i don't use otm because it is to slow. in ld 20 prt dnb,tnb. then make echg on set to change 2 or more lines on that phone to mcx xxxx, put the same 2 or 3 mcr keys on other sets for that dept. also you will need a dept mailbox for that mcr (or add it to a personal) if those stations are hta or fna to mail

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back