Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a form to do one calculation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABean

Technical User
Sep 14, 2001
US
Hello all, First off, I am using Access 2002. I had a class in school about using Access, but that was 7 yrs ago & I was a young college student & only paid enough attention and studied just enough to pass the class. Needless to say I didn't think I'd ever use Access again. Well I was wrong...haha!!

Anyway, I am hopeing that I can get some help with this. I have a supply room that I would like to be able to keep inventory on. So I have created a table that has all my hardware parts listed on it...ID, prod. desc., size, vendor, & Qty. That was the easy part & the only part that I remembered from my class. Here is what I don't know how to do. I would like to have some kind of box on the screen that shows 2 things. First thing I want to be on there is the "Product ID" and then have a blank box beside it where you type in the Product ID #. Second thing I want on there is a second box that says "Quantity" and have a blank box beside it where you type in the Quantity that is taken out of the supply room. Then I would like an "Enter" box that when I click the "Enter" box Access would go through my table, find the product ID that was typed in and then subtract the "Quantity" that was typed in from the quantity on the table.

I'm pretty sure that I have to create this screen from scratch and put those boxes that I'm speaking about on there. But what I don't know how to do is put "value" to those boxes, especially value to the "Enter" button. Is there anyone here that could take some time to help me out. I've gotten a couple books that I thought would help, but they don't go into the depth. If know one knows how to help then maybe someone could recomend some quality programming books or soemthing. Thanks in advance for the help. I truely do appreciate it.

Thanks,
Andy

saltecho - haha, that's uber!

Abean - learn to use the form wizard. My suggestion to all noobs is to use the form wizard. the wizard is your friend, it'll make a form that displays the information from your table.

my next suggestion is, learn some vba. by using vba you can make you're little handy buttons to do whatever you want to do.

But if you can't figure out the wizard, I'd suggest saltecho's answer. Cruz'n and Booz'n always.
This post shows what little I do at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back