Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating A Date Specific Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Programmer
Apr 19, 2001
CA
Hi,

I've set up my table with an auto number field and now from my form I am trying to create a report that adds up numbers from a specific column that have the same serial numbers in another column.

I am wanting to do this so that it is date specific though -such that the user selects a start date and an end date for the reports. This would be dependant on a auto date column that I also have set up in the table and form.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance,
James.

Hi,

I still really need help with this and if anyone could give me a hand I would really appreciate it.

So far I've designed a query from my table with the column headings:
'Auto Number', 'Date', 'Serial Number', 'Page Count,, 'Company' and
'Location'.

What I want to do now is set up my report so that when the user clicks
'Print Report' on the form, it will print a report that will produce a report
similiar to my diagram shown below.

I hope someone can help me out. I don't have any idea how to set this up.

Thanks,
James.

Serial Number Date Page Count Total Page Count
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12345 03/12/2002 5
03/13/2002 2 7
03/14/2002 5 12
03/15/2002 8 20

67890 03/12/2002 2
03/14/2002 3 5
03/16/2002 5 10

Total Page Count 30

I would like to help, but I'm totally unfamiliar with reports.

What exactly do you need? How to get your query to return the values between specific dates, or how to get the data you are returning into a report?

If it's the former, have you tried the "between" and "and" feature in a query?

I use that in a form of mine with two combo boxes that give me a list of the available dates and then I run a query using 'between' as the criteria.

Code:
Between [Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName1] And [Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName2]

I would have to play around with reports if that's not what you are looking for.
-Dan

I am not really sure if i understand your question. Still try this.

select fieldnames from tablename where date between [Enter start date]and [enter end date]

date in the above query is your date field
Enter start date and Enter end date is what you will be prompted when this query runs.

Add the Order By statement if you want.

I hope this will be of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back