Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a database in winmysqladmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrE4U

Programmer
Mar 29, 2003
US
I am running WindowsXP with mysql running locally. I am having trouble creating database in WinMySQLAdmin, When I right click the database tree under the database tab, I do not get an option to create database. The following is a list of option it gives me:
Flush Hosts
Flush Logs
Flush Tables
Flush Threads

I have clicked all over the window, and still do not get this option. Or is there a different way of creating a database instead?

winmysqladmin appears to be a gui 'monitor' to start the database and view certain aspects of the DB.

Download MySQL-CC from MySQL website. It's free and works very nice. It's a little rough getting started with it but once you make the connection, it has a lot of nice features.

MySQL-Front is a nice program too. But this is no longer being maintained. I think MySQL-CC is meant to be the replacement.

Does this help?
tgus

Yes, it helped [smile], but I still do see where I am able to create a database with it. I see where I can make connections to existing databases. I checked the documentation on sql.com, but the documentation section seems to be inaccurate.

Just use the [tt]mysql[/tt] prompt and issue a [tt]CREATE DATABASE[/tt] query. That is by far the easiest way, IMO. //Daniel

MrE4U,

After you make your connection, look on the left side (in MySQL-CC). You should see a tree list. At the top you see 'MyDatabases'. Under that you should see 'Databases'. (If you don't, then click on the + next to 'MyDatabases' and it should show what's below.) Just right click on 'Databases' and choose; 'New Database'.

This should get you started.

You're right, documentation for this is terrible (or missing). But this is to be expected from a Beta product! Even though it's Beta, it still seems to work quite well.

If you need more help just post back.
tgus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back