Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a custom drop down in .Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwert231

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
US
K, I can do this with Javascript, but I am writing this in .Net. Not too sure how to mix the two or how to do it in .Net. I have a <DIV> that I want to show and hide. What's the best way to do this?

I don't know if I understand....are you asking how to turn a dropdown between two <div> tags on and off programatically?

If so, in your code behind assign the <div> html code or a &quot;&quot; to a public variable as needed and then place that variable on the front end in your html code.

Well, I call it a drop down but I guess that is inaccurate. It is basically a table between DIV tags. But I think your Public variable thing will work. It's worked on my datagrids. Give me a few mins.

If you simply want to show hide things programatically use the server side panel control and put your drop down/table whatever it is inside the panel control. When the panel is hidden so is everything else within it.

That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

Thanks. That's what I ended up doing.

Hey! That's cool! I didn't know about the Panel Control. Learn something every day. Thanks, Mark!

Not html controls, only .net controls. With older controls, if they supported the styles visibility attribute you could work with that. Div tags would do that. I placed my table between some div tags, and with javascript I manipulated the visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back