Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a curved line

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyv

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
CA
Hello I am a newbie to photoshop and would like to do the following. I need to draw a curve that resembles the shape of an airplane wing. I need it to be 6 inches in length. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Use the Pen tool to draw the rough shape. Tweak the shape with the 'Direct Selection tool'(expand the 'Path Selection tool' located above the Pen tool) and the 'Convert Point tool'(located in the expanded Pen tools)

To expand a tool(Toolbox) see if there is a little triangular arrow(bottom right), click and Hold to expand.

Once you are happy with the shape you can transform it to the desired size, and then either 'select' the shape (CTRL click the thumbnail in the layers palette, or right click the shape and 'Rasterize' it(convert to raster/Bitmap).

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

You could just stroke an elipse and erase the area the you don't need. This is easier, but everyone should learn the pen tool at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back