Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Barcode? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota81

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
Is there any add-ins or what-not that I could generate a barcode with to be displayed on the web-browser screen? I don't have to make this multi-browser compatible, just IE compatible is fine.

The scanner we've got where I work can read most formats; I'm not sure right now which exact format we would use, but it's one of the common ones.

I searched around and found some asp scripts that will create a bar code, but our web server doesn't run asp scripts; is there a perl or cgi script somewhere?

Haven't tried to incorporate barcodes into a web page . . . yet, but, I get the feeling that you intend to use this internally? If that would be the case and you aren't picky about what type of barcode you use, you could simply use a barcode font to display the bars. Actually, you could do that for just about any type of font, but some would require calculations in the script of your choice to come up with a check digit.

Another option, more expensive but more consistent results would be something like Barcode Mill Probably others available. If your hosted on *nix, might try a web search for 'gd-barcode'.

[tt]

[tt][sup]- aspNovice
wait2.gif

[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back