Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CreateSQLCursor Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimRHSD

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to check the status of a cursor? I can't find help on this anywhere. This is updating a table. When I do a count on the table I only get 96 people and I should get 134. My assumption is there are a bunch of people missing a record altogether so I want to see who they are. If there was some error message, like sqlca.sqlcode <> 0 then show EmpID.

Any tips (and/or properties/methods) you can share regarding CreateSQLCursor would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Here is my code:
Code:
	Set rs = CreateSQLCursor
	sql = "update pyd_cdh_dtl set pyd_add = " & AddAmt & _
		",pyd_add_beg= '11/01/2004',pyd_add_end='11/30/2004' " & _
		" where py_cdh_no = " & cdh & " And hr_pe_id = '" & id & "'"
'	MsgBox sql
	rs.sql = sql

rs.MoveNext
	Set rs = Nothing

Tim Rutherford

What is CreateSQLCursor ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

CreateSQLCursor allows one to run sql against a database with vbscript. I ran across an example and have used it to do updates and counts. If there is another way to do this, I would appreciate learning how. The program I am using only uses vbscript.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Rutherford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back