Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

@Created Notes 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTom

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
GB
We have several databases in notes wich use @Created date to show the date. The problem is the date seems to be taken off the users PC. Another problem if the user changes the date to a date Greater than the current date notes will use that even if they change it back(Unless they close and reopen notes).I thought the @Created used the servers date time the database resided on. does anybody know why it is using the clints date and how to force it to use the servers date.

Thanks mike

Okay, first things first : @created in a form field is evaluated by the client, unless the field is a Computed When Composed. Even so, the date/time format is normally that of the client, not of the server.
@Created returns the date/time stamp the server applies to a newly created document. Unless the doc was created locally, in which case it is the client that applies the time stamp. I cannot guess why the @Created returns different values, unless your client desktops have different date/time formats, which seems highly unlikely.
Could you specify the exact formula in the field and the parameters of the field ?
Are you certain that the display is indeed the @created field ? Are there any hide/when rules that display something else instead ?

The views that show the documents definetly use the @Createddate. Their is no formula for @created date it is part of each form. the problem we having is if the user changes his pc date to a date greater than the current notes will use that date for @created date even if the date is then put back to the original date (Until notes is restarted).
To overcome users changing the pc date and it affecting notes i would like the @created date to take the time/Date from the notes server. Is this Possible?

Right, so if I understood correctly, we're talking about a view column with @created for formula.
Well, in that case I would guess you have a corrupt view. Try to put a 1 (the number) in that column and check that all docs display the value correctly. If you do have a corrupt view, the column should be empty, or have incorrect data (anything but a 1).
If that is the case, save the view with 1, quit the designer, re-open the db in the designer, re-modify the view column to @created and save again. Then, open the db in the client and refresh all views.
It might solve your problem. If not, delete the view and refresh from the template. You do have a template ;-) ?

Pascal.

The @Created date on all new forms that are created are picked up from the date and time Setting on the PC they were created. My Question is, Is it Possible to get the @Created date, on all new forms, from the Notes server rather than the local PC?
The Reason i want to do this is some users keep on changing their local date for various reasons.Because the @Created date is taken from the local machine, Wich could be incorrect, I am not selecting data correctly with the views based on @Created date.

Direct from Lotus Forum (excerpt from a posting by Mr. Stan Rogers) :

@Created will give you the server time, but the client will adjust it to reflect the equivalent local time. UTC (or GMT) will give you a single fixed value world-wide. You can than adjust that value to reflect the server's local time.

I'll keep looking, but apparently you want to check the client's time zone.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back