Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create web page from folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

igendreau

Programmer
Dec 8, 2003
US
We have a client requesting an online version of a proposal we did for them, a huge proposal. On our network, we have a directory structure containing all of the documents. We're talking hundreds of folders, sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, etc...

I need to post this info on the web. Obviously copying it to our web server is easy, but making a page with clickable links to all this documents is a different matter. Is there a plugin or add-on that can do this automatically?

I use a proggie called listmaker to errrrr make a list of all of the site folders & files and then use find and replace to create a list of hrefs that I can the copy/paste into a html file.

[Peace][Pipe]

So let me get this straight, you're wanting a script that can go through and make links to all your folders automatically from a single webpage? and kinda like a huge indexing.... right? the information you provided is kinda vague... but i'm asuming something like this

ROOT directory>
doc1.doc
docu2.doc
Folder1
- document1.doc
- document2.doc
FOlder2
- document3.doc
ect? but a script that links them?

igendreau,
were you ever able to find an answer to this?
if so i too am looking for more alternatives for this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back