Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create two page report in two different format 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnerurkar

Programmer
Apr 9, 2003
IN
I want to create two page report in two different format.

First page is "Form Letter" in Vertical format. Second page is "Matrix with Group" in
Horizontal format.

Thanks in Advance.

Place the first report to the Header section of the layout, while the second one place to the Main section. Sections can be independently set with their own paper sizes (Height and Width properies in the sections' property pallets).

can u please tell where is header section and main section in reports.

Thanks in advance

Object Navigator: Layout Model -> Header Section, Main Section, Trailer Section. Also there are three buttons to the right of button panel swithcing these sections.

Thanks for the help.

I am using report 3. So I got little confused. In report 3 there is header, tailer and body.

How can I set print ORIENTATION for each section?

Thanks in advance.

In the section's properties you can set both paper size and orientation. To get to the property pallet, either double click the section icon in the object navigator, or click F4 when section name is highlighted in the navigator.

Property pallet is just showing General Information and not able to expand. I think it is becuase of I am using Report Builder ver. 3. Can I set the both paper size and orientation on runtime. or any other idea.

Thanx in advance

Not sure which features available in version 3, but looks like srw package already existed... Look into the thread442-860857 for other suggestions.

Hi,

I am starting this thread again. Sorry for the delayed.

Background - In my report on first page will be the covering letter(Client's name and address) and on second page client's details.

In my Data Module I am having 2 groups G1 and G2. how can I print G1 group in header sectin and G2 in main section,
So I can get the above picture?

Thanx in advance
Regards
Tushar

The header section is printed once per report, so you can not repeat it for group records. In this case, your option would be to use SRW.RUNREPORT, as suggested in Thread442-860857

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back