Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create this text effect advice 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacster

Technical User
Jan 28, 2005
US
Please see this (I need to recreate this artwork for someone)

Not sure how to do the text effect. The alternate outline effects, not the drop shadow ;-)

Thanks,
Donna

All that it looks like was used is a couple of different sized outlines and a dropshadow.

Tony Perkins

Turn the red text to outlines. Then, Path--Offset Path 5-6 points.
Fill that with white and stroke it with black.
Apply your drop shadow and away you go
Mark

Thanks, Mark - never really used the offset but that's probably what will happen.

Donna

My preference would be to use Appearance (palette). Add two strokes below the text - one white at x points weight, one black at x+y weight. This keeps the text editable. You can change the font size or type face without any further ado.

Now where is our expert who uses the Appearance for everything??

ylustrata:

You nailed it. I've been busy, just checked in and saw this thread, thought of how to do it and read the replies. I would have done it exactly like that!

Bert

Hey, Bert - nice to see you back. Wondered where you'd been :)

Donna

Hi Donna:

I've been too busy to spend much time on this forum, as well as on other fora for that matter. I miss tinkering with little tutorials and stuff, but my job has kept me more than occupied (Not that I mind, I LOVE my job!) I'm still around, though, and whenever I see a thread that piques my interest I'll jump in. I have noticed that there are several people around here who are quite knowledgeable, holding down the fort. I'm still 37 stars ahead of #2, though... ;)

Bert

But of course! It's great to love your job - when you don't want to do it, it becomes unbearable.

Yes, we are indeed blessed with many knowledgeable people. The forums are the best, to me.

Glad to see you. Get some rest!

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back