Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create table with autonumber field through vb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadynn

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
AU
Hi all,

I want to create a table that will have a structure (field names), but will contain no data. One of the fields I need to be an autonumber field formatted as "00000". Below is a list of the fields that the table needs to contain:

TABLENAME

tmp_ManifestDetail

FIELDNAME DATATYPE FORMAT

ManifestNo Text "\M000000"
LineNo autonumber "00000"
ProductCode Number
Qty Number
DespatchToday Text
DespatchDate Date "dd/mm/yyyy"

The script that builds the table I am going to attach to a button on a form.
This table is going to be used as a temporary table and once all the information is entered. All the data is going to be appended to another table "tbl_ManifestDetail".
The next time the user opens the form and hits the button the table will be overwritten again, kind of like running a make-table query.

I figured that by using a temp table and recreating the table everytime a user creates a new manifest, I could reset the autonumber count to 00001 each time.

The version of access that I am using is 2k.

Can anyone help?

Rgrds, tadynn

Hi,

Disregard, I've figured it out

How did you do it?

I have the following that works, but I really need ID to be an autonumber. What is the syntax for an autonumber?

strSQL = "Create table tblTest (ID number, EventID number)"

Thanks.

Anna Jaeger
iMIS Database Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back