Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create shortcut to/Auto-run Form in Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durdles

MIS
Dec 31, 2002
US
Hello all. Hope you're having a good day! Here's my dilemma:

I have a secured database in Access 2000 and from that database I have created a form which essentially serves as the launch pad for all functions of my database. Therefore I would like to do one of the following:

Option A. Preferably I would like to create a shortcut to the form and simply instruct users to launch the shortcut. I know you can do this with an unsecured database, but when I try to do it in this secured database, I get an error saying I don't have the necessary permissions. It doesn't know enough to prompt for a username and password.

Option B. Auto-run the form when the database is opened.

Any help on either of these options would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

if I understand you correctly, I think the easisest way may be to use Option 2 and go with a Switchboard. I am making one for my project today and after that I should be better able to answer any questions if you decide to go that route.

JASON

JASON,

I would be more than thrilled to make my second option work. I already have the 'Switchboard' created. At this point I would be looking for a way to make it auto-run when the database is opened. If you can help me out with any tips or advice, I would be most appreciative.

Good luck with your own project!

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,
Ok, so if you have the form you want to be your switchboard alrady created, its pretty simple to have it auto start to it. just click Tools-->Startup and
change the "Display Form/Page" field to the name of your switchboard form.

easy as can be! hope this helped. if you have any more questions, let me know.

JASON

JASON,

That's perfect!! Thanks so much!!

However, I have a follow-up question for you. While setting my open screen to my switchboard, I decided to have fun with the toolbar options and now the toolbars do not display...which I like. My question, however, is 'how do I get them back?' I now lost my Tools menu and cannot therefore go to Tools>Startup and reverse my settings.

Brian

JASON,

I got it! Hold down *SHIFT* key when opening it.

Like I said before, thanks for your help. It's GREATLY appreciated.

Take care and good luck on current and future projects.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back