Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create RSCT Peer Domain 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rneve

MIS
Oct 11, 2002
EU
I'm installing a RSCT Peer Domain to support GPFS. But I'm having troubles configuring the RSCT on a seperate network.

When I configure RSCT on the interface (en0) which matches the hostename it works. But when I want to use another interface (en1) it doesn't work.

I get the following errors:

# preprpnode N516L03-EN1 N514L01-EN1 N514L02-EN1 N514L03-EN1

# mkprdomain gpfs N516L03-EN1 N514L01-EN1 N514L02-EN1 N514L03-EN1
2632-044 The domain cannot be created due to the following errors that were detected while harvesting information from the target nodes:
N514L03-EN1: 2610-418 Permission is denied to access the resources or resource class specified in this command.
N514L02-EN1: 2610-418 Permission is denied to access the resources or resource class specified in this command.
N514L01-EN1: 2610-418 Permission is denied to access the resources or resource class specified in this command.

I want to use the second interface because I want to configure GPFS on this interface (dedicated network for GPFS). But this interface must be known by the RSCT Peer Domain otherwise GPFS doesn't recognise it.

Richard

Hi rneve!

I see, nobody wrote reply to your question. Even though it is a quite old topic, and you might found the solution for your problem.

Well, now I have similar problems that you had. Can you tell me the way out?

--Trifo

Hi Trifo,

Yes I have solved this problem. It all has to do with name resolving and especially resolving its own hostname.

When you are using another adapter to communicate the RSCT cluster then your default adapter you have a problem!
I added both names and that solved the problem.

This is the procedure I wrote in my implementation advice and it works!

Login on all the nodes in the GPFS cluster

Prepare RSCT Peer Domain
Execute on all nodes the command:
<all>: # preprpnode <hostname_node1> <hostname_node2> …
Example: # preprpnode n516l06 n518l01 n518l02

<all>: # preprpnode <interfacename_node1> <interfacename_node2> …
Example: # preprpnode n516l06-en1 n518l01-en1 n518l02-en1

Execute only on the GPFS administrator node:
n516l06: # mkrpdomain gpfs <interfacename_node1> <interfacename_node2> …
Example: # mkrpdomain gpfs n516l06-en1 n518l01-en1 n518l02-en1

Checks RSCT Peer Domain
Execute on all nodes the command:
<all>: # lsrpdomain

Start RSCT Peer Domain
Execute only on the GPFS administrator node:
N516l06: # startrpdomain gpfs

Checks RSCT Peer Domain
Execute on all nodes the commands:
<all>: # lsrpnode
<all>: # lsrpdomain

Hope this helps..

Regards

rneve, a star for coming back after all this time and giving details of the solution for trifo. In addition - it's good to see implementation advice (by which I assume documentation) used so sensibly and to such good effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back