Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Paging Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

in4ni

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2008
US
How can i create a button to page the phones and page the speakers at the same time? Currently we dial *78 to page the Warehouse, dial *77 to page the parking lot and dial *79 to page the phones. How can i create A button or short code to page ALL?

Thank you

Ask your Business Partner

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I thought this forum was here to help people.

What is this forums purpose?

My "business partner" said it couldnt be done.

I believe the original intention for this forum was for IP Office techs to share their problems and use it as a techical resource.

However increasingly more and more end users come one here trying to achieve there moves adds and changes which seems to upset some whilst others are happy to assist.
You have to bear in mind this is our bread and butter.

Any hows. You will have a shortcode for the paging you already have (Look in manager under system shortcodes)
These shortcodes will be set as dialpaging and will have a number.
This number is no doubt a hunt group and within those huntgroups will contain the members it pages.

Either add users to your existing groups or make a new group with the "Pagees" in it and create a new shortcode.

Hope this helps.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

i have a huntgroup for paging phones.My pagaing interfaces are analog extensions. I have tried to add those extension the the paging group to no avail. This also reminds me that the analog extension is configured as an IVR port which may be the cause of the problem. If i configure the paging extension as a "paging speaker" the UPAM just wont work for some reason. I guess that is the problem, Whay wont my UPAM's work with the port configured as a "paging speaker"

Thank you for the reply as my "business partner" sucks and cannot figure this out

I always always use an intermediate device for paging.

As for your BP statement. Find your self another. Remember they work for you.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

In some versions of IPO you have to have it set to IVR not paging speaker so maybe your BP knows more then you think.

Also when changing from IVR to paging speaker to standard analog station the system will need to be powered down not just rebooted for the change to take place.

What you will have to do is create a new hunt group like IPOTechy1234 said with your phones and analog extension in the hunt group. Then create a new short code that is set to dial paging with the new huntgroup number.

Now if you are using a call stacker type of paging interface this won't work.

Sorry I don't mean a paging stacker I mean a multi zone paging device.

After following all the suggestions in this forum to no avail. I decided to attach the Analog extension directly to my Valcom Paging system and all is well. I didnt need a UPAM or even a matching transformer.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back