Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Offline config with R11 Manager for R8.1 system? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeLB

Programmer
Jan 21, 2011
US
Hello,

I created an offline config using R11 manager to be loaded to a system that is currently running 9.0. I currently don't have access to the R9 system to see if it would even let me load it, so was wondering if anyone knows if it will work or if I should install 8.1 manager to create the offline config?

Basically the customer is frankensteining two 8.1 systems to use PRI licensing and trying to prepare as much as possible to keep downtime to a minimum.

That can cause some problems, you should always create the config in the version you actually want to use.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

You can install multiple releases of Manager and run the one you need whenever you need it.

If you install the lowest one you may need (I have 7.0)
then rename the Manager folder to Manager_R7_0 (or whatever release you have)
then install the next release and rename the Manager folder again to the release you have
do this with any release you want to have

lastly install the release you want to use normally so I guess 11.0.or if you are daring 11.1 and leave the Manager folder alone.

That way you start the most recent Manager from the start menu and if you need any older release you simply start Manager.exe in the folder you need

Addendum: you can also save the Manager folders and copy them to another Laptop / PC you need to work on and it will just work the same way. No need to install all releases again.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back