Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create number to call other numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdrago

Technical User
Jan 14, 2008
PR
Hello there!
We have an Option81 and I need to create a number that when someone dials that number, it will give the user "phone tone" so they can enter the digits to dial internationally.
This is for the VPs that needs to call to various contries and don't want to use the cell phone because of the call cost.
For example:
- User calls new the PBX number 787 xxx xxxx
- User hears the dial tone and enters: 56 203 xxxxxxxxx

Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.-

Yes it is possible, DISA!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Ok, I search for DISA and found it!
I tried:
LD 24
PRT
DIS
and get a:
SCH0775 (DISA package not equipped)

Any clue how can I enable this package?

Thanks.-

that is a purchase item from Nortel. Get with Nortel or Nortel Partner and you will recieve a new keycode turning that Pkg on, depending on your software Rls, they will only go back 2 unless they are still allowing retro orders, they were for awhile.

Mato' Was'aka

I have read a lot dangerous things about DISA and how you can get hacked :(
I also read in the forums that there is an option to do this with Call Pilot VoiceMail so I'm trying to find some info about that right now.
Also, panthom TNs looks like another option.
Well, at least I learned something today! :)

If the numbers they need to call are always the same, you could do a Pantom or dummy acd to do the same thing, without the risks of DISA.

DISA is exactly what you requested in your original post, but that does not mean it is the best solution. It really depends on what you want to accomplish. if they are dialing different numbers then DISA is a good solution but with risks, if they make the same calls all the time you can use the other ways.

JohnThePhoneGuy

99% of system fraud is accomplished by breaking through the voice mail system and passing over the outside lines from there.

Any time you can keep someone out of Voice Mail or DISA, you essentially eliminate your chances of being hacked.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Thank you all for your posts.
I'm still triying to get some info about how to do this via voicemail... I looked everywhere in the Call Pilot Voicemail configuration webpage but I'm not able to find the correct setting...
Can someone point me in the rioght direction about how to set up dialtone on the voicemail?
Thanks in advance.-

I would really look at other options before doing it with VM!! Like Gene said, that is how MOST of the fraud occurs on phone systems.

You can be a hero for your company and do it with VM and make it work like the bosses want, but then 2 or 3 months down the road when they get a phone bill for $12,000.00 of overseas calls they are going to come to you and blame you for it.

JohnThePhoneGuy

GHTROUT is the one you should listen to. He is our hero ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back