Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create/Modifying default colour palette in office

Status
Not open for further replies.

shep6

Programmer
May 4, 2001
GB
Our company uses 4 custom colour's for our corporate colour's, none of these are contained in the colour palette in Excel. Whenever we create chart's in Excel, we have to manually modify 4 existing colour's in the Colour's tab in Tools/Options. As we do this quite often, it is becoming a pain.

Does anyone know of a way of creating or modifying the default colour palette which excel (and the other office applications)uses.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Set up your worksheet with the modified colours as a template, and base all new worksheets on that template (put it in XLSTART to bring it up every time you start Excel).

Thanks Neddy

I have created a new workbook, changed the colours and saved it as a template in the same XLStart directory which my Personal.xls workbook is saved in.

You put in the reply that it should bring it up every time I start Excel. Should this happen automatically, as at the moment, I have to physically open the template.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back