Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create menu to work with Queued Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURLYMAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
Does anyone have some sample VM Pro configurations wherein a caller is placed in queue, gets the 1st queue message and is given the option to press certain keys to transfer themselves prior to getting the Still queued message. After the queued message is heard they would once again be given the option to choose from a menu of options?

I thought everything was simple! I can get the system to use the Queued & Still Queued settings but I would like the system to do the following:

1. Caller calls the main number and if the main hunt group is busy it goes to the queued message. I want my message to say "Hello you have reached XYZ. All sales staff are currently busy. Please hold and the next available person will assist you. If you would like to be transferred to our auto-attendant please press 1 now".

2. Once the caller presses 1 they would be transferred to the auto-attendant module that I have created (this module is used for Night Service as well and would allow the caller to transfer to a specific extension, dialy by last name, etc...).

3. If the caller does not press 1, I would like the system to continue to the still queued message which would again give them the option to transfer out to the AA.

I don't really care about any of the specifics as much as I do about how to get the system to integrate the queued funcationality and the auto-attendant options. Once the caller gets to the AA, I could care less about the queuing however I would like normal queuing to work (1st queue, still queue, as well as ETA, queued position, etc..) to still work if the caller hangs on the phone. Just want a way to give the caller the ability of getting out of queue. I have read all the doc and support articles but there are absolutely no examples on how to do this.

Thank you!!!

So put he menu option in the call flow for Queued & still queued start points.

this should work but I believe it is a know bug in the V4.0 VM Pro (greetings play ok but DTMF is completly ignored!)

Ok so from your response I am assuming in your VM call flows
under Specific Start Points you have the group already there with the "queued" and "still queued" start points.

So from their create you self with a menu option with touch tones enabled for 1 and also enable the time out and give your a self timeout time.

You will then need to create 1 transfer option and I would use the goto option for the timeout. Join up the boxes first of all. From start point create a line from that to the menu option then from the menu option results 1 to the goto box and timeout to the transfer box.

Go into the goto properties and in the specific tab and use the browse to the start point required.
Back to the transfer action. Go into the properties and again go to specific tab. In this write $ACD which will return the call to the original queue position.

Copy the above for the still queued option.

Record your greetings within you menus.

I would need to see how your current call flows are set up in VM to integrate the last part. But is all do able.

Regards
Lee

For the queued and still queued messages to accept DTMF synchronise calls must be unchecked.

Thanks for all your input! I am running on version 4.0 of IPO. I did what "TheProvider" had said using the $ACD to transfer back to the queue and that works perfectly however the system does not respond to any DTMF tones even though I have it set to allow interruptions. So a quick recap is as follows:

SALES HUNT GROUP

QUEUED: Attaches to a MENU ACTION with a "Time-Out" option and a "1" option. The "Time-Out" option goes to a transfer after 5 seconds which is set to $ACD and the "1" option should go to an auto-attendant module that I created. The
"Time-Out" option works great and the caller goes right back to the queue and then moves on to the still queued when appropriate. However, when I attempt to press 1 during my message the announcement just continues to play and does not act on the "1" digit that I press.

STILL QUEUED: I have this set exactly as QUEUED above and it works perfectly except my option "1" does not work.

Could this be flaw as retsila mentioned earlier? It doesn't seem as if VM Pro is even recognizing my key presses. Thank you!!

Using the $ACD option is not a good advise, this may lead to problems. Instead leave the callfow in the Queued and Still Queued open if the call has to stay in the queue.

The $ACD option comes from the Network Alchemy VM Pro and the working was changed in the IP Office VM Pro 1.2.something, this because the $ACD option may leave callers in a endless queue position ( call is put to the end of the queue each time it passes the VM pro )

No DTMF, read retsila's reply, turn off synchronized announcements

Ok - I will check the synchronised option and see if I still have it check marked. However, "Intrigrant" mentioned that I should not use the $ACD option. If this is the case then on a "Time-Out" should I just use a transfer action back to get back to the Queue? I assume that since the start point goes to my custom menu (where the announcement is played for the Queue)that I need a Time-Out so that I don't have to force the user to press a number and get back to the Queue? Any recommendations as to how to best do this? Thank you!

Just leave the timeout option going nowhere. The VM Pro will then put it back into the Q.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back