Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create list of existing html files 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ligi

Programmer
Aug 16, 2001
NL
I have 173 existing html documents. I would like to generate something like a table of content...a list of all these files linked to those individual files..
just can't work out the best way to do it...
(don't feel like making 173 links manually...)
does anyone know how????

Nice question!

Does anyone know any DW extension or third-party tool for automatic generation of site map? I'm sure there exist a lot but haven't met any recently... :( Good Luck! :)

Hi

You can load a site into Visio, and it will create a nice pretty site map - if the dreamweaver one isn't good enough for you Derren
[Mediocre talent - spread really thin]

Oh! I may be misunderstood...

I mean not grafical site map, but HTML file that shows site structure with links to main/all/most files/pages on the site. :) Good Luck! :)

I'd get writing those links straight away then!

[fish] Derren

derren,

thank you for response! English is not my native language so I'm afraid that I don't understand what you mean in your last message... :-( Good Luck! :)

Sorry - all that means is that I believe you have run out of options except doing the whole thing manually Derren

I just believe that there must be some tools or may be even DW extensions that can help to save money and time. Can you imagine manually doing a list of 173 files?.. It's toooo expensive.

But as i see noone from this forum has experienced such a tool yet or at least hasn't posted a good link to it :)

But thanks for your responces, derren! Good Luck! :)

A program I used in Unix was a program called "AWK" I was able to write a script file to edit and insert or delete anything I needed to do on hundreds of files.
I use to have a "DOS" version of the program but lost it a long time ago. It would search any dir I wanted and any
file extension I wanted. It made my life easier.

I frogot one other program and that used with AWK and
that was "GREP". There is a "DOS" version some where
out there.

Hopes this helps

Have you tried looking on Macromedia's Extension page? 10101010101010101010101010100001
If you code it I will crash it.

Thank you all a lot! Special star for nippi for the real solution and also for derren and FlashTag for their time!

Thanks again! Good Luck! :)

tnx a lot everyone ! Indeed nippi's post should do the trick...

Thanks... that might work. Will look into it.

So does anyone know of Dreamweaver extension that generates a Site Map of a site as it is in the Site Manager window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back