Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Linked Server in MS SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorntone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2001
US
THere are a number of similar posts, but I've been unable to successfully create a Pervasive linked server in MS SQL Server. I've got Peachtree running Pervasive v9.1.

I've successfully created an ODBC connection on the server that houses SQL Server. The DSN for the ODBC connection is Peachtree.

The DNS of the ODBC connection is Peachtree. The linked server is set up as Product Name: Peachtree, Data source: Peachtree (very clever naming convention, huh?), provider string: MSDASQL.

When I attempt to use the linked server, I get the following error:
"Error 7399: OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error.
Invalid connection string attribute]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' ID8Initialize::Initialize returned... ]

Is there any more to the error?
Also, what did you do to create the linked server?
What version of MS SQL Server are you using?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

In reverse order:
3.SQL Server 2000
2.I used Enterprise Manager to create the linked server. I created is as a "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers"
1. the only thing I left off the error message is "0x80004005:", which followed "Initialize returned".

Laignappe: THe ODBC driver is "Pervasive ODBC CLient Interface", v 9.11.45.00

Thanks.

It should work although I'm wondering if the 0x80004005 is a permissions error. It's possible the SQL Server process can't read either the ODBC DSN registry entries or possibly the PSQL DLLs.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back