Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create invoice VERY slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddydog

MIS
Sep 29, 2003
US
One of my users recently started having a problem with creating invoices. This started when they were upgraded to Peachtree Complete 2004. Previously they were using v.8 and 2003 and they did NOT have this problem then. Conversely, generating Reports seems to be quicker than before. The invoices in question take 20 minutes EACH, so this is a big problem for them. While creating the invoices, the processes for peachw.exe and w32mkde.exe EACH run between 10-15% of CPU utilization, so the system is obviously cranking away on something.

This is how they are creating their invoices (forgive me, but I am not a Peachtree user, just the system admin): open the create invoice tool, select a customer, assign an invoice number, then they check the box for "Apply Tickets/Expenses to Invoice". When they click OK, the system takes approx. 20 mintues, but completes properly and has all the correct info on it.

The system is a Windows 2000 Terminal Server w/ Citrix Metaframe XP with users connecting via ICA. Server is dual Xeon 650 with 2 GM RAM and plenty of disk space. Data is stored on a cluster file server w/ 100 MB connection.

Any thoughts or input are welcome. Thanks.

Rob

Rob,

Have you tried runnig Peachtree local? Not on the TS/ Ctrix setup. Peachtree does support that setup, so I wonder if you would still have speed issues if you were just using the program on a standalone XP box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back