Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create index on a view

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhhealth

Programmer
Jul 1, 2004
US
pervasive sql 8
I have created a view from a table in another database. I want to create an index on one of the fields. How can I do that?

You don't create indexes on the view. You create the index on the base table using the CREATE INDEX statement.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician
Custom VB and Btrieve development.

the issue i have is, i donot have permission to create index on the original table in the database,
i have to create an index on a field in this table for a purpose (reporting)
how can i export this table to another database and create an index on this field?

You can't create an index on the view because a view is just a stored statement. Have the administrator of the database (or someone with rights) create the index.

Mirtheil

actually no one has permission to create index on this table, as this database is a backend for a software program and tampering with the indexes might lead to major issues.. hence, i want to know if i can export this table into another database and create an index on the field..

is there is a possibility to export this table into another database and refresh the table periodically.. so that i can create indexes on this exported table and use it as i want?

Not automatically. You might be able to use one of the Pervasive Integration products.

Mirtheil

can you give me more information on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back