Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create IIS HTTP Server for Avaya firmware/files

Status
Not open for further replies.

adc110

Vendor
Jul 26, 2007
US
I would like to setup an IIS server for the use of the HTTP function within IP Office/System configuration tab. We have all 9608 IP phones. I have IIS setup and pointing to a c:\AVAYAHTTP folder and can enumerate text files that I place in there without any issues. The question is: what files/folders should be loaded/copied into this folder? Is it good practice to simply copy all files from the Manager Binary File location that is set within preferences? Seems like a lot to copy when the majority is not needed. Also, if we upgrade an IP Office system to a newer version, before the upgrade takes place should we install manager which will update the binary folder location and then overwrite the IIS folder we created with a copy of the Binary folder files/folders?

Why bother? What benefit are you aiming for?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I have about 130 9608 phones and have the current configuration pointing to an older IIS server from years ago. Since I am starting from scratch with a new 2016 server and got IIS running I wasn't sure if Avaya had some formal protocol for what files needed to be included in the root folder. I also configured our TFTP server to point to the same directory and always copied Manager's BIN folder in its entirety for lack of knowing all the files that would be required (i.e. different BIN files for different phones, etc.)

If you have installed the Manager then copy everything from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\MemoryCards\Common\system\primary folder to your IIS root.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back