Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Hyperlink From Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

waypoint

Programmer
Jan 16, 2004
US
Maybe I am trying something which cannot be done.

Vendor table contains a text field with the vendor web site address updated by users via form. Users now want to be able to jump right to that web site address from the same form.

If I defined the vendor web site address as a hyperlink, then subsequent updating is not possible.

Without success, I tried setting up a text box with IsHyperlink set to yes. Then I Set the AfterUpdate event of the web site text box to run a macro which does a SetValue of the IsHyperlink text box to the web site text box. The value sets just fine, but when clicking on the IsHyperlink field nothing happens.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

This is a reply to my own post after doing some more work and looking at several other posts in other forums...hopefully it helps someone else.

The SetValue macro (After Update from the textual web site address) for the target Hyperlink field should say "#" & [target web site name] & "#", so you are essentially surrounding it with pound signs. It needs to be a bound control, and the table field must by the type of hyperlink. There is no need to specify IsHyperlink on the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back