Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Frame in Java without Title Bar or Top Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bweber01

MIS
Sep 22, 1999
US
Is is possible to create a frame outside the main browser window and have that frame not use a title bar and top border area? I currently run out of room because of the space taken up by the title bar and top border with an 800x600 app run at 800x600 resolution.<br><br>Any help would be much appreciated.<br>

Hi <br>It's almost imposible to eliminate the title bar, since it is created when you create and object of type frame,if you are talking in regard to applets. I am not sure.

if you want to set the size of the JFrame or Frame to the total screen just use the Toolbox class and use the getwidth and getheight methods to return the systems resoultion.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then use the setwidth and set height methods in JFrame that is inherited from Container.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you want to eliminate the task bar it might be possible if you just use the JPanel class and add that into the Frame class.&nbsp;&nbsp;i don't know if this is possible because java wants its applications to look the same on all systems. <br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

A follow up on BWeber's question...can this be accomplished with Java applets or only applications?

&nbsp;&nbsp;In Swing, use JWindow class instead of JFrame&nbsp;&nbsp;- they do not have title bars or borders.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;In AWT, try Window class instead of Frame.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;But, do you really want a browser window without a title bar, and an applet running inside it? That is a different question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back