Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Form using 7.0 that Reader 5.0 can fill in

Status
Not open for further replies.

slreynolds

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
US
Hi

I have created a form that users will fill in to do a survey over a large multi-site organization. Some of the users have previous versions of acrobat reader installed (5.0 and up) and they do not have administrative rights to upgrade. If I send out a form that requires a software upgrade (and thus IT involvement) I will not get as good a response rate as I will with one they can just click and use.

Is there a way to make a form created in the full version of acrobat 7.0 work across all versions of reader down to and including 5.0? So far the help files aren't verty helpful.

Thanks

Doesn't look like you have had much response. Basically the answer is no.

In order for users with any version of the reader to fill out a form, you either need to "enable" the form with reader extensions or they need the full version of 6.0 and 7.0 to fill out the form.

Reader extensions can run on a server or you can purchase a license for each PC, however, the minimum number that Adobe will sell you is 200.

Check with your sales rep to make sure, as this licensing policy may have changed.

I am no expert, but we have run across this problem before.

good luck, have fun!

Thanks
I gave up on Acrobat and used MS Word. It worked perfectly on all versions of Word and I got 100% return on the survey (after a bit of nagging :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back