Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Find button on form to get to certain record in table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeanie

Technical User
Jun 14, 2000
US
I am sure this question has been asked before, but I cannot find it - sorry. I have a list of records in a table and have created a form to enter the records into. However, we have to go back into the record and mark it 'received' when we are done. I would like to have a field or button on the form where the user can enter the record # and then go directly to that record rather than having to 'find next' until they get there.

Thx!

Try using combo box. Create a dropdown list and let the user select the one he wants to see.

The Access Wizard will lead you through the process of adding this combo box in a form.

Seaport

Have you tried using the filter features?

If you click on "Filter by Form" and (for instance) type in someones name in the name field and click on "Apply Filter" it will bring only that record up.

You can filter by ANY field on the form, including record # . . . this may solve your problem . . .

Good luck!
Chance~

Ok, here goes:

Example: You have a table with a field called itemNumber. Make a simple query from that table. In the query, make that field a parameter, by putting the following code into the criteria section of that field. It will be something like this: [Enter Record Number]. This parameter will prompt the user for the record number. If he/she enters the correct number, only that record will come up. Assign that query to any form or report. I have done this numerous times, and it works.

Good Luck.

You know, I never thought of that!

Great suggestion!

Chance~

Thanks!! That worked great...

Jeanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back