Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create email that can be re-used. Please read. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

theripper

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
Ok - I thought this was going to be easy.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a user who has created an email she sent to 'bout 15 people.&nbsp;&nbsp;She would like to save this email/template to use again in the future, BUT she doesn't want to keep it in the sent items folder.<br><br>Well, if she copies the email from the sent items folder into another folder its fine; UNTIL, the original (still in the sent items folder) is deleted.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then, everything is deleted [[trash & all]].&nbsp;&nbsp;Even if she selects the &quot;my mailbox&quot; only, it's gone for good.<br><br>Please provide some assitance!&nbsp;&nbsp;How can an email message be saved to use again & again?&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks ~

1. Right click the Sent Item Folder<br>2. Click on Properties<br>3. Click on Find tab<br>4. In 'Look In' field navigate to the folder that you place the 'Email for Re-use'.<br>5. Un-Check the box of the said folder.<br><br>You'll find the document that deal with this in Novell site. Sorry, I can't remember off hand what the document name is. The above certainly worked with my mailbox.

daxx -<br><br>Thanks for the reply.&nbsp;&nbsp;Your suggestion seems to have worked fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;The mail actually stays in the folder.&nbsp;&nbsp;But, when you open the email, there is no SEND button (nor re-send), only a forward?<br><br>Is there anyway to send it again, without using 'Forward'?<br><br>Thanks ~<br><br>

Right-click on the message in the folder and there should be a resend option. Or open the message and select Resend from the Actions menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back