Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create column count of items in another column

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCOEN

MIS
Feb 25, 2004
IE
Hi,

Crystal Reports 10

How do I create a column with the count of items for each group in another column shown. I have one column with supplier I have another column with article supplied and I cant to crate a column that gives a count for each item supplied per supplier.

thanks,

TCOEN

Hi,
One way would be to Group on Supplier and place the items in the detail section..Insert a summary function ( like Distinct Count) and place it in the Group header ( or Footer..I like mine in the header right after the Group Name) - If you do not want to see the items then you can 'hide' the details and drill-down when you want to see them.

[profile]

What I have is for example supplier 1 and the entry 'reveived as' by 2 and 'received aw' by 3 how do I get crystal to return a total for each category for each supplier e.g 'reveived as' total 2 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back