Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create cobol dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDaimond

Programmer
Aug 16, 2002
SD
hi all,
i need to call some cobol routines in my c++ project,i searched the internet ,and i found out that i have to use cobol dll ,i've got the cbl files and rmcobol compiler ,someone knows how could i generate dll from those files using rmcobol
thanks a lot

you cannot generate a DLL from a RM/COBOL object files.

But depending on what you are trying to achieve you may be able to still access the COBOL program.

So please give us full details of what you are trying to do, and also what version of RM/COBOL you are using, and what will be the runtime version you will run your programs with (they do not need to be the same).

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

i'm developping a client server software,the server receives requests from clients and process them by calling some cobol routines .I'm using visual c++ 6 to build the clients and the server ,the routines are in cbl files and i've got rm/cobol 8.5 compiler version 6.10.1 for dos 3.3+

hope that i was clear
and thanks again

it was.

I STRONGLY advise you to contact Liant sales for evaluations of their new products.

Depending on what you are developing your product for they may even have a product that already does what you need.

So please contact them, explain what you are trying to do (with more details than what you have given us here), and see if any of their new products can help you.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

As usual, Frederico is correct. We have hundreds of customers building client-server software, but not with products that old! Please contact Liant sales.

Tom Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back