Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create ASP Page in Japanese Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

samgs

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
US
I want to create a web site in Japanese language. When I try to save the asp page by inserting the Japanese text and try to save with .asp extension, it losses its Japanese font. However if I change to unicode asp file. Visual Interdev do not allow me to save the file. How do I create Japanese language website. Please help.

Can you visit japanese websites using your browser? I know they need font packages plugged in to view them. Maybe something similar for yours?
Might be worth checking Microsoft's site for a utility/plug in that allows you to save the data.

Yes, I have downloaded the Japanese IME from Microsoft website. I am able to read the Japanese website text. Thanks.

Copy your asp file from your editor into Notepad and save it as an asp file from there with UTF-8 encoding. You can then save Japanese characters in Interdev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back