Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create and Share Second Outlook Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippy13

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
IE
Hi All,
Apologies if this is not suitable for here.
I see it is possible to set up a second calendar in Outlook 2003, however I am having issues sharing this second calendar.
It is possible to assign permissions to the calendar but when someone else tries to open it (file open other users folder calendar) all the shows up is the default calendar, not the new shared one.
Is there anyway I can set up a group calendar with as little effort as possible? We are using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 (however I can upgrade to outlook 2007 if it would make this easier)
Thanks for any help,
Kippy

You can use a Public Folder to create a shared calendar. Just like the folders in your own mailbox, you can assign rights accordingly.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thanks Richard,
Unfortunately public folders dont appear to be an option. Will have to create a new mailbox by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back