Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create An Interface To A PDF Document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovejoy

Programmer
Dec 12, 2000
US
I would like to put an interface on my PDF catalog that does not look like the PDF document, but has a table of contents that will launch you into the PDF file. How can I do that?

I would sure like to know the answer to this question! I'm trying to use a PDF file as a help file for an application and wish to make links to certain parts of the document.

Does anybody know?

You mean like creating a table?? or by creating an image-like interface that the PDF will open inside of?? I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Something like creating a table in HTML with links to the different chapters of the PDF file.

I've already put destinations in the PDF file, but I don't know how to get the links in HTML (and later in the application, but that's not my job) right.

Here's a low tech solution that works for me. You can create an interface in Illustrator or even Powerpoint. PDF it. Then, drag it into your primary document as the first page. Link it to wherever you want in your document--voila! Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back