Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create an Edit Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax6

MIS
Dec 7, 2005
US
I would like to create a form that allos me to retrieve a row of data et where I could change some of the fields.
I created a query with a parameter and linked the form to this query.
Up to know this doesn't allow me to do what I want.
How can I do this?

How are ya emax6 . . .

Its possible to have an uneditable query!

Open the query from the query window . . . if the add new button
AddNewEnabled.BMP
has that disabled look
AddNewDisabled.BMP
then the query is uneditable! . . . and the data will be so in the form . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Hi,
Must be something else.
1 - In theQuery windows it is as it should be and when I run the querry a window popup to ask me to fill the parameter.

2 - The form should retrieve the data using the query above. When I open the form it does ask me to fill any parameter and show a form that should be filled. Identical to the forma I have to add data.

To make this form I copied it from the form I use to add data. Therefore the problem seems to be a set up I need to do somewhere since if I recreate a new form from scratch it's working.

Any Clue (The form has numerous field and I woul like to avoid to recreate it from scratch)
Thanks

Thanks,
Found what it was. The form was not set for data entry as you seems to direct me to.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back