Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create an auto attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelBoy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
US
Hello!

I'd like to create an auto attendant (call tree). I have a spare DID that is not being used and what I want is to creat a call tree for guests but I need to know the steps to make the call tree.

Here is what I'd like to see if I can accomplish:

Guest calls XXX-XXX-2646

(Greeting Plays)
Option 1, connect to guest room dial by number (4 digits)
Option 2, connect to admin ext. dial by name/number (4 digits)
Option 3, Express Messaging
Option 4, Meridian Mail login
Option 5, Reservations
Option 6, Group Reservationa/Meeting Rooms
Option 7, Hotel Directions

0, or no digits entered Reaches an Attendant

When a someone enters an ext, I'd like it to say "One moment please", instead of dead air followed by ringback.

Can anyone help me build this?

Thanks!

Michael MacCallum
Operations Manager
Marriott International 57/181.41
One Marriott Drive
Washington, DC 20058

what type of mail?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Meridian Mail Option 11C

Michael MacCallum
Operations Manager
One Marriott Drive
Washington, DC 20058

from the main screen go to options 3 4 1, add a voice service dn to use as an entry point.. the 1st number will be the number you dial to hit the menu of forward a station to to hit the menu, the second will be an application id. those two can match. type is MS for a menu service, also not the entries there, you'll need the dial thru, at least

Code:
             DN                               Service        Comment
             1566                             MS  1566       USC Optomology

save and exit.
option 6 then add, in my example i would use 1566, the menus are very easy to fill out, the revert will be your att, the no response will be the att, opt 1 points to the dial thru, you've got two password options, the 1st is never used, ti blocks a caller from hearing the menu service, without a password. the second is needed unless your going to record all the menu choices from the switchroom.. try it from there and let us know if you get stuck

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Can I out the old DN and create a new DN using the old TN as an ACD? If so, how?

Michael MacCallum
Operations Manager
One Marriott Drive
Washington, DC 20058

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back