Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a running list Using SQL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwprog

Technical User
Nov 19, 2007
US
I've really come to rely on this place for help, your insight and inputs have been an immesurable help. Thank you.

I'm strugling with an SQL problem, I want to create a list of open jobs when a particualar column is Null. The parameters I'm trying to display are tailnum, date, flt, and gate. I've tried using a form, but the form won't refresh for me if I put the refresh button in the form footer. If I put it in the detail section, every record displays the button. What I want is a form that will update with each new open and closed job, and display only the data, but the form I've been working with is producing the combo boxes for the inputs that have them. The idea here is to have the form run so that the operator can have at glance all the jobs that remain open from one shift to the next. I'll work on the rest of the requirements later.

I've tried using the SQL Datasheet display, but I can't add a refresh or requery button to it, that I know of. If anyone can help, I would appriciate it.

Can you explain "but the form I've been working with is producing the combo boxes for the inputs that have them" a little more, please?

What code did you use in the requery button?

I've been trying different ways to create a list using a form from the SQL Query. The table that the query is based on has several columns that are a combo box look up. I'm guessing that the Query is loading them by default.

For the Requery I used
DoCmd.RunCommand (acCmdRunQuery)

I also tried
Me.Form.Requery.

Neither of these has worked. I'm still scratching my head over this. Every time I get a Query Result, the default is Edit mode. I've had some moderate success with User Defined inputs and Queries, but nothing on the scale that I'm looking for. I'd like to get the query to keep a real time running list of the open jobs. To close the jobs you click a Ready cmd button which records the time, I'm trying to get the query to return the data for all records where the Ready column is Null. Hope this was a little more descriptive.

It seems that you wish to requery a combo or list, rather than a form. If you wish the list be be always up to date, put the requery in the Enter event of the control (in this case, the Current event of the form may suit):

Me.[NameOfListOrCombo].Requery

As for requerying the form:

Me.Requery

It seems that you are using a continuous form, rather that a form and a subform, and I have based my answers on that assumption.

Well your on the right track Remou, but you bring up a point that I hadn't thought of before, and thats using a continuous form. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back