Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a report via a form. This report extract data from 3 tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmax98

Programmer
Apr 9, 2002
US
I can do the select statement from oracle database via odbc base on the user's request on the form in the query. After that I would like to generate a report. How do you proceed next?
Thanks
Trang
tngo@fisk.edu

What reporting tool are you using or have access to? Do you want to report to stand alone (pull the data from the database itself based on criteria you feed the report) or have some sort of 'data pipe' (feed the data to the report from your program)?

zemp

zemp,

I only have Access tool. This is my first VBA program. I don't know which one is the easiest. I don't want to exit the form, and go to Access and create a report via Access wizard. I want the form display the report after the user enter the criteria and hit the 'Ok' button. The user either can get a hard copy of the report or just view the report on the screen. I hope that my English is clear.
Thanks
Trang
tngo@fisk.edu

To get the best from these forums, please read faq222-2244 carefully. It gives guidance on selecting forums, doing preliminary research and phrasing your question.

This is actually the VB6 forum, rather than VBA. Have a look in the panel to the right 'Related Forums', where you will find several forums that may be better suited to your question.

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Johnwm,

I posted the question in Visual Basic version 5 & 6 forum.
I can't see VB 6 forum any where. I must be crazy, can not find it. I thought it is VBA because I start the form
from Ms Access 2000. Please don't laught at me. I just played with it in Ms Access 2000 for a few days. I don't have any formal training. My boss is ordering the visual basic book for me. So it will take a while before I get it.
Thanks
Trang.

Try one of these 2 links:
forum181
forum705

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

There are at least a few threads in these (Tek-Tips) fora with discussion of dynamically creating Ms. A. Reports at run-time. At least one of them has a (perhaps simplistic) module which accepts a recordset name and creates a report. Nothing 'fancy' (sorting; grouping; group headers; footers; etc) but it is at least a start.

MichaelRed
mlred@verizon.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back