Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a logon form that automatically fills in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooterr

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I am trying to find a way to reduce the number of entries on my database. I have two related tables emp and log and they are linked by the empid field. I have developed it to track employees work and I dont want them to have to enter there empID in the log table every time. Is there a way to have a logon form that automatically fills this field on all new records with the Employees empid from this logon?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi
If you have a "Main" form that is open all the time this is not a problem, if you do not use a Global.

I.e. Global User
Place this in a module - make sure that you check that this global is not null and if so open your logon form.

Herman I do have a main form that does remain open all of the time my problem is I do not know the best way or how to make the logon form so that it automatically updates this field for each new record.

If you have any suggestions on how to do this it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back