Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a hunt group? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric007

Technical User
Dec 12, 2002
US
I would like to create a hunt group so that I can point 2 or 3 phones to it. Callers will dial an extension and then someone in the hunt group would be able to answer these calls. Anyone know what LD I need to go to and maybe what to do on the phones? If not just what LD would get me started? TIA.

Couple of easy ways to do it. Easiest is MCR put this on several digital sets so that anyone calling that DN it can be answered from any of the phones with that DN as an MCR key until all sets have answered then it would be busy.

or
Have your DN to be called hunt to next DN to answer and that DN hunt to the next DN

LD 20 you can change or add/new whatever phone(s) you wish last DN in the series hunts back to the first DN in your series.

To create Hunt Groups you need to use LD18 to store the extensions in the Group Hunt List and LD57, which assigns the Pilot DN to the Group Hunt List.

LD 18
REQ NEW
TYPE GHT
CUST 0
LSNO (Next List Number)
DNSZ (Directory Number Size)
SIZE (Size of list, How many entries)
STOR 00 XXXX (XXXX = Directory Number)
WRT (C/R)
STOR 01 XXXX (XXXX = Directory Number)

Continue with store entries until list completed.

Attaching a Pilot DN (PLDN) to the list number LD 57

REQ CHG
TYPE FFC
CUST 0
CODE PLDN
PLDN (Pilot Directory Number, which must be a unique number on the Meridian)
USE GPHT (Group Hunting)
LSNO List number created in LD 18)
HTYP (RRB=Round Robin, LIN = Linear)
CFWI (NO = Skip Extn if CFW Activated
YES = Terminate on Extn if CFW Activated)
MQUE (ALL = No limit on queued Calls
0 = No calls to be queued
1 = Maximum of 1 call queued)

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the great replies, I'm going to see if I can get this working now, I'll let you know how it turns out.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back